Policies & Updates
It is the mission of CHSA to provide it's members, the earlycare and education community, and our friends with up-to-date information from California 's Capitol in Sacramento and our nation's Capitol in Washington DC.
Regional Office Update
- K-12 districts and County Offices of Education are required to meet with stakeholders regarding district planning and budget. Use Children Now's guide to get involved with your local LEA. Meet with your district board members and superintendent to share your story about the impact of early learning and the opportunity LCFF offers for them to invest in early childhood. Ch1ldren Now's LCFF Engagement Guide
Head Start Grantees and State Subsidy Programs
OHS’ Proposed New Performance Standards
CDA Equivalency - Letters from OHS
- CDA equivalency in California for infant toddler teachers
- CDA equivalency in California for pre-school teachers
- RIX OHS/CDD Joint Letter on MOU Requirements
- Head Start Act - SEC. 642 – MOU
- Sample MOU Head Start and local State Pre-K
Community Care Licensing – California Department of Social Services
- Most common licensing citations - CDSS has recently posted the most commonly cited deficiencies in Child Care for Preschools, Infant Centers, School-age Centers and Family Child Care Homes for 2017.
- Child Care Licensing Resources - This website includes videos that explain licensing topics relevant to families and licensed child care providers. Learn more about how family child care homes and child care centers can protect and promote children’s health and safety.
- Child Care Advocate Program – The Child Care Advocate Program (CCAP) promotes the delivery of quality child care in California. In 1984, the State Legislature created CCAP to provide a link between child care licensing and the community.
- Immunization and Tuberculosis Requirements Tool for Licensed Child Care Facilities - a one page summary of requirements for Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Homes
Other Resources & Guidance
- Early Education & Child Care Regulation Quick Reference Guide - Compiled and Authored by the California Head Start State Collaboration Office Community Care Licensing Workgroup
- Introductory Letter to Quick Reference Guide
- Consolidated Billing Guidance
The California Head Start Association is the unified voice providing leadership and advocacy for the Head Start community.
The California Head Start Association will be an important strategic partner representing Head Start interests in California and the nation.