CHSA Membership Information
CHSA membership represents the interest of more than 100,000 children and more than 150 agencies and partners statewide.
Agency Membership Information
- Federal advocacy - CHSA works closely with the National Head Start Association to build and sustain positive relationships on Capitol Hill to support and advance Head Start.
- State advocacy - CHSA works with a coalition of early childhood education and care providers and advocates to address policy conflicts between state and federal regulations, and improve California policy and funding for early childhood services.
- Conferences - CHSA convenes three major conferences each year tailored to the needs of Head Start leadership, staff, parents, and other partners.
- Family Development Credential - CHSA is the Family Development Credential state coordinator for the state of California, providing members access to FDC courses.
- Communication - CHSA produces the Directors’ Update – to keep members informed on a range of issues.
- Coordination - CHSA works closely with the California State Head Start Collaboration Office, the California Department of Education and other state agencies on policy and regulatory issues that affect Head Start programs.
- Jobs@HeadStart - CHSA provides members access to a Head Start specific jobs posting service to support the recruitment and retention of Head Start staff.
To learn more about your agency becoming a CHSA Member fill out the form below:
Head Start Agency List
The California Head Start Association is the unified voice providing leadership and advocacy for the Head Start community.
The California Head Start Association will be an important strategic partner representing Head Start interests in California and the nation.