California Head Start State Collaboration Office (CHSSCO)
Collaboration offices – funded by a grant from the Administration for Child and Families - create a visible presence for Head Start at the state level and assist in the development of multi-agency and public-private partnerships among Head Start and other interested stakeholders.
The CHSSCO works closely with:
- California Head Start Association
- Administration of Child and Families Regional Office
- The Office of Head Start and the Child Care Bureau
- Head Start technical assistance providers
- CDE – Early Education Services Department, other state departments and other organizations and agencies in the child care and development community
To learn more about the CHSSCO office, visit the website.
The CHSA – CHSSCO Partnership
CCHSA has a strong and collaborative relationship with the CHSSCO coordinating efforts to support Head Start programs in California:
- Solicit and collect information from Head Start agencies regarding their needs and challenges
- Disseminate information important to Head Start Programs
- Partner with Department of Social Services – Community Care Licensing to identify strengths and resolve licensing concerns that affect Head Start programs.
Resources for CCL Analysts
- Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Head Start Agencies
- Map of Head Start Programs
- Requirement & Regulation Side by Side
- Webinar: Supporting County Home Visiting - The Early Head Start Opportunity
- CHSA / CHSSCO Prezi for CCL Analysts – coming soon.
Resources for Head Start programs with State Contracts
- The 2018-19 State Budget – An online digital and interactive budget summary
- 12-Month Eligibility Implementation Guidance (Mgmt Bulletin 17-14)
To contact the CHSSCO
Stephanie Myers, Director
Head Start State Collaboration Office
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 3410
Sacramento, CA 95814
The California Head Start Association is the unified voice providing leadership and advocacy for the Head Start community.
The California Head Start Association will be an important strategic partner representing Head Start interests in California and the nation.