Call for Letters - AB-605
You are the unified voice of Head Start in California.
Make your voice heard now on these bills.
There are three bills you can add your voice to:
How to send the Governor an e-letter
- Copy the sample letter below for the bill you wish to comment on
- Go to the “Contact the Governor” page
- Scroll down to where it says "Email the Governor"
- Provide your first & last name and email
- For PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR SUBJECT, type O – OTHER should pop right up
- Click Continue – it will open up an email form
- Click Pro
- Type the bill # in the subject line (if it is not listed in the very long drop down menu)
- Paste the sample letter (or type your own)
- Click Send
AB 605 – Pro
Dear Governor Brown,
Assembly Bill 605 will strengthen California’s early childhood education and care mixed delivery system and I urge you to sign it into law.
California is one of only two states in the country with separate infant-toddler and preschool licenses. This causes an unnecessary administrative burden on early learning providers and the Community Care Licensing Division. We already have a severe shortage of childcare in California, where only one in four infants and toddlers has access to licensed childcare. If we want parents to work, they need child care. A single license will help providers respond more nimbly to changing demographics without unnecessary administrative barriers.
AB 605 will help create a more flexible and sustainable system that will benefit children, families, providers, and CCLD alike. It will improve efficiency, enhance quality, promote continuity of care, reduce redundancies, and encourage new providers to join the field.
I urge you to sign AB 605 into law.